Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Writers Detective/Thriller

By Fitrah Tanzil


This is first time for me, writing an article in English. Fxxk, I'm late to do this, when most of my friend has doing this many-many years ago. Haha..


Ok, the only theme that slight in my mind now, is just my daily life with my Gang in Whatapps. We called Detective/Thriller Writer Group. Like every other thing, these has a story. Story that linked with my blog Wall of Ftroh.

The story started long time ago. I got apprehension in my life, thing that bother me. "Are there any good books in this country? Are there any detective writers in Indonesia? or Apakah ada penulis detektif di Indonesia?" A question that I ask Google, and he said nothing. These no article about "any detective writers in Indonesia?" Or some list like that. When nobody write about it, so what if I write about it?

I listed some Indonesian books that I concern. Like Metropolis, Katarsis, Negeri Para Bedebah, and stuff like that. Make it from my favorite to least favorite. Talk about whos writer, et cetera, and done. It just an article that I thing good for me. I don't expect more.

But voila! My article bump me.

It make no body to become somebody. An article that PUNCH me with alot of viewers. And then a stranger write a comment below it. "I like your article Dude! I have similiar theme like you to, come and visit my page." His name is Ronny Mailindra. At the time, I don't have a clue "who is this guy?" I Googling and Voila, his a senior writer in Bengkel Kepenulisan DKJ. So I follow him in Twitter.

Two month after that, a friend of mine in Bandung ask me "Do yo know Rencana Besar karya Tsugaeda?"

"Tsugaeda who?"

"Tsugaeda an Indonesian writer?"

"I never heard about him."

And she said. "For God Sake, you must read his work!"

Then like always, I start Googling and researching. And I found his name, unexpected in list that Ronny Mailindra created. Oh dank, so this is famous young thriller writer from Indonesia, Tsugaeda. I start searching for his books, and you know its SHOCK me. This guy really talented with his prose. Yeah, I often compare him with another good author Fandi Sido from Kompasiana. Damn, both of they are so badass!

Weeks after that.

When I research for my book project. I’m Googling about local detective, and theme like “teka-teki Detektif!” With this keyword, Unfortunately I found interesting weblog with a talented writer.

His name si Irfan Nurhadi with his blog Inurhadi Wordpress. In the beginning, I just stalking his blog. But suddenly he appear in my weblog, amaze me with his comment in my article. Bump my head with his knowledge. Damn, we had long chat about detective fiction, he has alot of thing in his mind about it. How he very enthusiast regard the genre. And then we connected in Twitter, haha..

The story continue, roughly every day we talk about thriller fiction in Twitter.

And Tsugaeda, saw good prospect here, and he said. "Hei, what if we create exclusive blog about Indonesia Thriller? The one that make us BIG!" That great idea. And again, he surprise me. From nowhere he already done create the account with rare name "Thriller ID" plus he make the weblog too, damn brilliant. In start off, our purpose is daily update this social media, but again in the middle of road we distracted and have another busy thing.

Few month later, I found another one that common to us, an account in Twitter with his rare name, there is Detective ID. On accusation, I prejudice this account may be similar to NDI that puzzle oriented, or Conan Fans Club that crowd assembly, and so on. But the more I  glace and examined its. I know that I was wrong. This guy is literature oriented, and more than that, this guy not just Sherlock-Poirot bases, this is vast than that. This is true detective fiction enthusiast.

More often we communicate with him.

And then I meet that men behind it, M. Fadli, or we called Bang Fadli. He's  a journalist for certain music magazine, profession that make him can go to any music concert in Indonesia. More than us exactly, that he never lose his daily update on the social media Detective ID. 7 days a week and never hiatus. Fall for us, that rarely update for our account Thriller ID, hahaha..

The story goes on.

Detective ID grow from dozen followers to a thousand followers. His follower not only boys that enthusiast in Sherlock Holmes or detective fiction, but also many great talented young writers. And then M. Fadli has initiative, how about we create whatapps that contains alot of talented writers, youngster that in the future can make history for Indonesia. Absolutly, that great idea. And then as you can see, attendance Detective/Thriller Writers group in Whatapss.

Ok, that all, see you next time, haha..

5 comments:

  1. What? Jadi sebenernya Troh udah stalking blogku duluan? I did not see that coming.. -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha.. waktu saya masih suka riset n googling

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice story bro. look like a fate journey.. outlined by God.

    waiting for your next masterpiece bro..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Mr. Gogo

      May my masterpiece publish as soon as possible, Hihihi.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete